I’m (un)officially going to declare today, “Green Friday”. As opposed to crazy long lines, insane hours and people physically harming one another to get great deals on Black Friday, I’m going to suggest shifting your focus to others on Green Friday. Mind you, it’s still about the shopping but how about looking at gifts that can give back? I’ve chosen green as it symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and has been known to have great healing power.
The most comprehensive site I’ve found is thehungersite.com. The same site where, in a click of a mouse, you can give free food also has hundreds of gifts to give, all of which give back in some way. From one site, I am managing to get all of my shopping done (see below) and today if you enter GOBBLE at checkout, you get $10 off $40 order, Also $4.95 US shipping every day.
- Motherboard money clip for a technophile, $ saving nephew (recycled)
- Sterling & Peridot ring for my August bday sister
- Flowery Rain Boots for a fun friend (every pair sold, 1 pair donated)
- Men’s Slippers or Travel set for a brother-in-law
- Glass dog ornament for mom’s new yellow lab (recycled)
- Make a Wish ornament for teachers (buy 1, get 1 free)
- Eco Lunch Bag for me! (made from recycled rice and feed bags, each lunch bag helps the environment & assists women artisans in Cambodia take a step toward economic independence at the same time.)
(Every purchase funds at least 25 cups of food, many 50 cups!)