For the first time ever, I am making a serious concerted effort to celebrate the Chinese New Year on February 10th, 2013. Truth be told, it will have given me 41 additional days to sort our my resolutions and goals for the year. January 1st arrived much too quickly and I didn’t want to make any knee jerk resolutions. According to ‘research’ people born in the Year of the Snake are reputed to be thoughtful and wise and to approach problems rationally and logically, seldom instinctively. While I was born in the year of the dog (we can find fault with many things and are noted for our sharp tongues), this particular snake year seems to be aligned with where I’m headed.
Life Simplified continues to be a great place for me to provide shortcuts, solutions and suggestions for living a more simplified life both here, facebook & on twitter. Moving forward, for this particular year, I’m also going to share my quest to follow through on the many goals, ideas, & resolutions that I always WANT to accomplish, but somehow (always) let slide.
In no particular order…
- Cook more.
- Eat more Paleo or Blood Type O foods/diet.
- Prioritize husband / couple time.
- Find an exercise that I will do 3/week.
- Entire family to learn basic Spanish.
- Read 43 books (tracking on goodreads.com).
- Watch 15 independent films.
- Get up earlier, even if it’s 15 minutes.
- Go to bed earlier, turn off bad TV.
- Less screen time, more kid time.
- Focus on positive, stay present.